-->

15/12/2014

Times Square - the heart of NYC


A jungle of lights. That's what Times Square is. On our first day in New York we casually walked through Times Square during daytime and I was amazed of all the skyscrapers and the quantity of advertisements. I would not have believed the difference of the atmosphere by night if I had not seen it with my own eyes. The dark sky contrasted the millions of flashing lights and it seemed as if more people were going out. Ticket sellers and dressed up Disney characters would bother (or amuse, however you take it) you everywhere you went, but it was part of the fun. There would have been something for everyone. Also Toys’R’Us was open until 1 AM or 2 AM, I’m not sure, but until some ungodly hour anyway.



Compared to London and Paris, New York was different. It lacked old traditional buildings, but instead it had tons of new ones which were simply made of black windows. Just like in the movies!  At Times Square we shopped, ate and saw a musical.I'll tell about a restaurant and Broadway show in the next post just to keep this one short and sweet. By the way, I've been thinking whether I should write in Finnish also. It's hard because I know the majority of you (my followers) are Finns and I would be able to express myself much more freely (and more quickly, for that matter) I would continue in English as well, because this is such a great way to maintain my language skills and because I know people from different countries either read my blog or at least visit it regularly. It would be a shame if they didn't understand anything!

What do you think: would it be good, bad or insignificant if I wrote in two languages? Or should I stick to either of them: Finnish or English?

Have a great day everyone!

4 kommenttia:

  1. Mulle iso osa sun blogia on juurikin se, että kirjoittelet englanniksi - oisin ehdottomasti sillä kannalla että pitäydy siinä :) Sun tekstiä on mukava ja helppo lukea, ja koska suurin osa blogeista joita seurailen on suomeksi, tuo tää kivaa vaihtelua!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Voi miten kiva kuulla! :) Koin tässä jonkunlaista identiteettikriisiä, kun on tullut äidinkielentunneilla ja paikallisen sanomalehden nuorisotoimituksessa tehtyä suomeks tekstejä, niin aloin kyseenalaistamaan tämän englannin kielen järkevyyttä mun blogissa. On kuitenkin paljon helpompi kirjottaa omalla äidinkielellä. Mutta englanniks on kans kiva tehdä!

      Delete
  2. Sun enkkua on kiva lukea, se on aitoa ja sujuvaa. Voisithan tehdä postauksia niin, että itse teksti olisi FI tai EN ja esim. lopussa olisi lyhennelmä sitten sillä toisella kielellä...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos paljon! Oon huomannu, että kirjottaminen on tässä vuoden sisällä rutinoitunut tosi paljon, joskin se vaatii vähän ylimääräistä työtä suomeen verrattuna. Tuotakin vaihtoehtoa muuten pohdin! Ehkä tässä englannissa pysytellään jonkun ainakin jonkun aikaa:)

      Delete